City Administrator Redmond Jones speaks with Paula Sands in regards to Hoover’s Hometown Days this weekend!
The top prize for the men’s and the women’s division champions has increased to $300 this year. They, along with the second and third place finishers will receive individual gold, silver or bronze Olympic-style medals from the Iowa Games, a partner of the tournament. Both men’s and women’s championship trophies have been rebuilt this year and will include plaques dating back to 1988 with the winning team’s name and its players for public display.
Online registration is now open at Hoover-Ball.org until Jul. 30 at $20 per player. Walk-up registration on game day will be $30
More information will be provided through the spring and summer as we confirm performers, activities, and events. You can keep up here or follow us on Facebook
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to help out as part of the event!
This year, there were four categories for parade entries: Antique Tractors, Businesses, Classic Cars, and Non-Profits/Organizations. The winners for 2017 are:
- Antique Tractors: Jaro Hora – 1942 Case Model 5C
- Businesses: The DownUnder
- Classic Cars: Classy Chassis Cruisers – Red & White Cobra
- Non-profits/Organizations: Iowa Friends of Companion Animals
Hoover’s Hometown Days is this weekend. Below are the road closures for the weekend and the detour map for getting around them!
- 2nd Street from Main Street to the Water Street Parking Lot from 5:00p.m. on Friday August 4, 2017 to 1:00 a.m. on Sunday August 6, 2017.
- Main Street from Parkside Drive to 2nd Street from 12:00 a.m. on Saturday August 5, 2017 to 12:00 a.m. on Sunday August 6, 2017.
- Main Street from Parkside Drive to Poplar Street, S Downey from Wetherell to Main Street, and Wetherell from S Poplar Street to S Downey Street from 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday August 5, 2017.
- N Downey Street from Main Street to Green Street from 2:30 a.m. on Saturday August 5, 2017 to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday August 5, 2017.
- W Orange Street from N Oliphant Street to Ridge View Drive on Saturday, August 5th from 8:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Pedersen Street from W Orange Street to Hilltop Dr. on Saturday, August 5th from 8:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.